Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blacklac
Level 7

Cannot resync remote, Roku Express

Had a Roku Express setup at my parents cabin. They have since brought the Roku to their home and now the remote will not resync to setup the Roku on the new network. Remote doesn't appear to have any sync button hiding on it. Phone remote wont work as i haven't setup to the new network yet. At a loss... Reset the device itself and now I'm stuck as Select a language screen with no working remote at all. (Yes I've tried new batteries. :/ )

Of course roku support says my device isnt deserving of support so here i am... Lol

Panasonic G25 50" Plasma/ G25 42"
Pioneer VSX1120 AVR/ Denon 1909 AVR
Dish DTVPal OTA DVR
Pioneer BDP-51FD Bluray Player/ Denon 1610 BDP
Roku 3/ Roku 2XS
Amazon Fire TV box
7.1 speakers/ B&W Bookshelf + 8" sub
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Cannot resync remote, Roku Express

"Blacklac" wrote:
Had a Roku Express setup at my parents cabin.  They have since brought the Roku to their home and now the remote will not resync to setup the Roku on the new network.  Remote doesn't appear to have any sync button hiding on it.  Phone remote wont work as i haven't setup to the new network yet.  At a loss...  Reset the device itself and now I'm stuck as Select a language screen with no working remote at all.  (Yes I've tried new batteries.  :/  )

Of course roku support says my device isnt deserving of support so here i am...  Lol

The Roku Express doesn't support WiFi Direct remotes, only IR remotes. The remote that came with the Roku Express is an IR remote. There's no pairing. 

If it isn't responding, then line of sight from the end of the remote to the IR sensor on the front of the device may be blocked by something. Keep in mind that most people hold the remote at a level lower than eye level. It's not whether or not you can see the front of the device clearly, but whether the remote in the user's hand can see it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Blacklac
Level 7

Ahh well thats disappointing. I made sure to try with direct line of sight inches from the device. Looks like ill need a new one after literally 3 months...

Makes me a little nervous to buy a new remote and have it not work either... Not knowing if its was actually the remote or device issue.
Panasonic G25 50" Plasma/ G25 42"
Pioneer VSX1120 AVR/ Denon 1909 AVR
Dish DTVPal OTA DVR
Pioneer BDP-51FD Bluray Player/ Denon 1610 BDP
Roku 3/ Roku 2XS
Amazon Fire TV box
7.1 speakers/ B&W Bookshelf + 8" sub
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blacklac 

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! Try looking here to make sure you've covered all the bases when troubleshooting your remote: 

https://support.roku.com/article/360004813993-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-ir-infrared-rem...

If that still isn't doing the trick, and your device isn't responding to your remote, please PM me with the serial number of your device (located on the back/bottom of the unit) and I'll put you in touch with our support team to look into a warranty replacement, (as long as the device is still within the 1-year warranty period from activation). 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos