Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AC20837
Level 7

Cannot pair replacement remote -- Light flashing

I have 2 Roku Premiere+.  For one, the remote stopped working.  When I tried to re-pair the remote with the usual procedure, the light on the remote just kept flashing and the remote did not work.  I purchased a new Roku remote.  SAME THING.  Light flashes, no pairing.

What do I do?

Is there some way to get the Roku to pair with a new remote?

Do I have to replace the Roku?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AC20837
Level 7

Re: Cannot pair replacement remote -- Light flashing

Sorry, not Premiere+.  These are Ultras.  Model 4660X2.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

The current wifi remotes if not paired to a roku, or if the roku its paired with is unplugged, will switch to IR for the roku commands. You should be able if you have line of sight to the roku make your way through the menu to pairing screen. You should have found this out unless your roku is buried behind the tv, which isn't good during pairing, or using a IR remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
AC20837
Level 7

Thanks, but, as was the case for the old remote, the replacement remote continued to flash after the pairing procedure and was not in communication with the Roku -- button presses were not effective.

Any ideas about getting the remote to work with the Roku?  The Roku does appear to work (i.e., shows home screen on TV).

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Have you tried new/fresh/different batteries in the remote?  I've seen it happen more than once that batteries that work perfectly fine after pairing will not work when trying to get the remote to pair.

-JT

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

What are the model numbers of the old and new remotes? Have the roku in plain sight during pairing. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
AC20837
Level 7

Hmm.  My last replies with more didn't seem to make it into the forum.

Anyway, nothing worked.  Replaced the Roku unit.  All is well. 

Thanks for your help.  Case closed.

0 Kudos