Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot connect to Roku to Wifi without remote

Jump to solution

I lost my ruku remote and im trying to use my phone but i cant do anything to conect my ruku to my wifi. Need help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote won’t connect + wireless issue

Jump to solution

In order to connect your device to a new wireless network, you will need a physical Roku remote in order to input your new network password. You will need to do this first, before you will be able to connect to your device using the Roku mobile app. If you have lost your remote or need a replacement, you can purchase a replacement in our accessories store here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Supported Roku device models are listed next to each remote. You can check Settings>System>About to verify your Roku device model number. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

What Roku model device are you trying to connect to the mobile app?

For more information on how to connect a Roku device to the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Danny, I believe the customer is trying to connect their roku to the wifi. But has no remote to do so. I have the same issue and would like to know if there is a solution. Do I need to buy a new remote or is there another way?
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote won’t connect + wireless issue

Jump to solution

My remote had stopped working (holding the button, i don’t even get a flashing light- I’ve tried 6 batteries). Watched/read several troubleshooting guides, and it suggested resetting my Roku. I did that but then was unable to go through the set up without a remote. Tried to download the app, but since my roku is no longer connected to my network, nothing will work.

[post merged with already existing thread]

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Vinny2 @Tnjensen10 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What device model are you trying to connect to your wireless network?

Keep me posted, and I will assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a roku premiere, model 4620 i believe. The model from 2016 or 2017.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hi Danny- thanks for your help. I’m trying to connect the 3600X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

If the 3600 stick remote is missing or doesn't work, and stick has been reset so it doesn't have wifi credentials, you're out of luck, sorry. You just going to have to get a new wifi remote, pair it to the 3600 stick, and then put in your internet network name and password. Then you could control with cell phone app.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

In order to connect your device to a new wireless network, you will need a physical Roku remote in order to input your new network password. You will need to do this first, before you will be able to connect to your device using the Roku mobile app. If you have lost your remote or need a replacement, you can purchase a replacement in our accessories store here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Supported Roku device models are listed next to each remote. You can check Settings>System>About to verify your Roku device model number. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku 2710x and am having the same issue. Remote no longer works. Moved and need to connect to a different wifi network. 

0 Kudos