Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lnichoalds
Reel Rookie

Cannot configure audio output

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Samsung Smart TV (QN65Q7CDM running a Visio Sound Bar and I have the Roku Streaming Stick +.  When I attempted to configure the audio and it asks, after trying a each code, whether the music stopped.  The problem is the music never stops.  How are you supposed to configure Roku's audio for the remote?  Interesting enough, I can power the TV on and off, but cannot do anything audio without using a different remote.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot configure audio output

Jump to solution

@Lnichoalds

Thanks for the post.

Are you trying to control your soundbar with your Roku remote? Please be aware that Roku devices support control the TV power and volume, not for external devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lnichoalds

Thanks for the post.

Are you trying to control your soundbar with your Roku remote? Please be aware that Roku devices support control the TV power and volume, not for external devices.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lnichoalds
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank  you for your reply.  That is most unfortunately that the Roku Steaming Stick+ does not support external devices like my non Roku sound bar.  Really do not like having to use multiple remotes.  

0 Kudos