Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot Add to Favorites Using * Button

I just installed a Roku Express.  I was able to add channels by pressing the * (astrick) button.  But now when I want to add more channels to favorites the * button is now Options and only includes: Find a Channel, Filter Preferences and Search.  Add to favorites is missing.  I am have software version 9.2.0 Build 4806.  Why is the Add to Favorites missing when pressing the * button?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Cannot Add to Favorites Using * Button

And what is the name of this service you trying to add to favorites to? A roku itself doesn't have a feature called favorites? When you're on the roku home page and press * none of the names on your list show. It has to be particular app that has this favorite feature, so name it?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am using Xfinity service. When I first connected the Roku device I went into Xfinity, All Channels.  I then highlighted one channel in the guide and pressed astrik. There was an option that said ADD TO FAVORITES. I did this several times.  After the update was installed the astrik is now showing as option at the top right and there is not ADD TO FAVORITES.  Something has changed with the January 2020 update.

Below is the instructions on how to Add To Favorites.  This is from the Roku Help website:

Press the star button “*” present within your Roku remote keys. Once you press this key, it will display two options in front of you that is either to add it to your Favorites or to go back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Its up to app owner what or what not appears in their software. Not Roku. Could it be you're out of favorites, how many did you enter before it disappeared?

Edmund
0 Kudos