Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musicbrain
Streaming Star

Can I pair two remotes to the same Streaming Stick? I have an extra, identical one to use.

Jump to solution

I think I tried this before, and either one would be paired, or the other.  But both would not be paired to the same Stick.

I'd like feedback from someone who has done this, as I don't want to go through the process to end up with a pairing issue, which is what I believe was the result last time I tried this, and it was rather difficult to get either one to work after that.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you pair TWO remotes to the same Roku Stick? I have an extra, identical one to use.

Jump to solution

Yes, you can have two wifi remotes paired to ONE roku stick. But you can't have one wifi remote paired to two Roku sticks at the same time. 

With one roku remote paired to the roku stick, have the other remote ready with the battery door off, one battery in, now go through the menu to

settings> remotes & devices> set up new device> remote> continue> put in other battery press the pairing key for 3 sec and release, let it communicate with the roku, it is ok if the light in the battery compartment goes out just leave it alone until you get confirmation its DONE

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Re: Can you pair TWO remotes to the same Roku Stick? I have an extra, identical one to use.

Jump to solution

Yes, you can have two wifi remotes paired to ONE roku stick. But you can't have one wifi remote paired to two Roku sticks at the same time. 

With one roku remote paired to the roku stick, have the other remote ready with the battery door off, one battery in, now go through the menu to

settings> remotes & devices> set up new device> remote> continue> put in other battery press the pairing key for 3 sec and release, let it communicate with the roku, it is ok if the light in the battery compartment goes out just leave it alone until you get confirmation its DONE

Edmund

nocable
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have two identical Roku remotes successfully paired to the same 4660 Roku, with both remotes able to control the volume and mute for the same TV. One remote is used on the couch, and the other remote is used from the dining room. The remote is the RC392 as seen displayed under Settings and Remotes. Inside the battery compartment the Model # is listed as "RC-AL7."

There was an issue with getting the second remote to control the TV. I took note when I paired the first remote, that Code 1 allowed it to link to the TV to control the mute and volume.

When I tried to pair the second remote to the TV, the music kept playing when on Code 1, but I clicked on the response that said the music had stopped. And the second identical Roku remote now controls the TV volume and mute.

2018 Ultra 4660
DanMan123

Jump to solution

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

BobPV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked. Very easy. After you connect you do have complete the volume and power steps also. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Right, the only time the volume keys work right after pairing the Wifi remote to your Roku, is if it were a Roku tv. In the case of non-Roku tv's, setting up the tv is separate procedure, not needing the pairing button, just through the menu. 

Edmund

0 Kudos