Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSpies
Level 7

Can the Streaming Stick + be turned on via remote?

Jump to solution

I'm a newbie cord cutter with a Streaming Stick +.  The supplied remote works fine with the TV but won't turn on and off the stick.  And that's very annoying.  Is there a way to handle this issue without having to purchase a more expensive system other than unplugging and plugging in the device when I want to watch content?

Thanks, Bob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can the Streaming Stick + be turned on via remote?

Jump to solution

@BSpies 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet. There is no “power button” to press on or off. 

For more information about powering Roku devices on and off, visit our Support page here: Can I power my Roku® streaming player on or off?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can the Streaming Stick + be turned on via remote?

Jump to solution

@BSpies 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku streaming players are low-power devices that are designed to remain on and always connected to the internet. There is no “power button” to press on or off. 

For more information about powering Roku devices on and off, visit our Support page here: Can I power my Roku® streaming player on or off?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos