Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hach38
Level 7

Can't pair roku voice remote with roku express 3930

Is there something I am missing here. The Roku 3930 should support the simple voice remote but after going through 2 of them, I can't get them to pair. Light in the remote starts flashing as soon as I put batteries in. Nothing pops up on the screen. If I try to add remote through the roku 3930, it can't find it even though light on remote is flashing. I'm stumped. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't pair roku voice remote with roku express 3930

@Hach38 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can see what Roku models are supported for each remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hach38
Level 7

Ugh, that explains it.  Why does my remote say it supports Express?  I even researched it and was told the 3930 was supported.  (anything over 3700 was supported) 

vr2.jpgvr.jpg

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

When you go into settings do you see a remote & other devices option? An express 3700 doesn't have it, where the 3930 should. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hach38
Level 7

Yes, I do.  I tried to pair through that as well (as opposed to just using the instructions given with the remote), with no luck.  3930 can't find the remote.  

0 Kudos