Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can't pair roku voice remote with roku express 3930

Is there something I am missing here. The Roku 3930 should support the simple voice remote but after going through 2 of them, I can't get them to pair. Light in the remote starts flashing as soon as I put batteries in. Nothing pops up on the screen. If I try to add remote through the roku 3930, it can't find it even though light on remote is flashing. I'm stumped. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't pair roku voice remote with roku express 3930

@Hach38 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can see what Roku models are supported for each remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Ugh, that explains it.  Why does my remote say it supports Express?  I even researched it and was told the 3930 was supported.  (anything over 3700 was supported) 

vr2.jpgvr.jpg

0 Kudos
Level 20

When you go into settings do you see a remote & other devices option? An express 3700 doesn't have it, where the 3930 should. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yes, I do.  I tried to pair through that as well (as opposed to just using the instructions given with the remote), with no luck.  3930 can't find the remote.  

0 Kudos