Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can’t pair remote with Roku 2

Old school Roku and there was white powder in my old remote battery compartment so I got the new one. There is no pairing button as I’m reading. And my Roku 2 is not recognizing the new remote. I thought that maybe my batteries weren’t working so I bought brand new batteries, and still nothing. Does anyone  have any clues that might help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Can’t pair remote with Roku 2

Do you have a model number for the new remote? check in the battery compartment. Does the remote have tv power button or volume keys on the side? What is the name and model number of your roku 2, there are some roku 2 that take bluetooth remotes, some that takes wifi-direct, but all take IR roku remotes. If the new remote has tv controls it is either wifi remote or roku tv remote and won't work on your roku 2 if itrs that old. Roku IR remotes do not have tv controls at all. 

Edmund
0 Kudos