Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huck1
Channel Surfer

Can't get my two favourite buttons #1 and #2 to work on my Roku Ultra 4800X in Canada

Just like the title says above.Thanks,Huck1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get my two favourite buttons #1 and #2 to work on my Roku Ultra 4800X in Canada

@Huck1

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Create a personal shortcut button

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayell_pi

Re: Can't get my two favourite buttons #1 and #2 to work on my Roku Ultra 4800X in Canada

Tried all the suggestions and still the 1 and 2 buttons do not work in Canada

0 Kudos
Huck1
Channel Surfer

Still can't get my #1 and #2 favourite buttons to work.

This is what I tried:

Turn TV on,turn Roku box on

Go to my channel I want (UFC) press favourite #1 for 5 seconds,light on Roku flashes

Nothing happens

Do the same for #2 #favourite(You Tube),hold button for 5 seconds,light flashes on Roku

Nothing happens...light flashes fast on Roku box,but nothing works as far as

#1 and #2 fav buttons!!! Is this function not available in Canada??

0 Kudos
Huck1
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the so called 'speedy reply'...I posted on May 5 and someone  from Roku just replied??!!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Huck1 wrote:

Still can't get my #1 and #2 favourite buttons to work.

This is what I tried:

Turn TV on,turn Roku box on

Go to my channel I want (UFC) press favourite #1 for 5 seconds,light on Roku flashes

Nothing happens

Do the same for #2 #favourite(You Tube),hold button for 5 seconds,light flashes on Roku

Nothing happens...light flashes fast on Roku box,but nothing works as far as

#1 and #2 fav buttons!!! Is this function not available in Canada??

Go to Settings > System > Power (if not applicable, skip to next step) > System restart.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Huck1
Channel Surfer

Thanks,but our Roku unit can't be more that two years old,just checked and it was bought on Oct 3 2021 from Amazon.ca.Huck50

0 Kudos
Huck1
Channel Surfer

Went to 'Settings'>System>Power>System Restart>Favourite Buttons still don't work!!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Well, I guess you would need to contact your local Canadian store.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Huck1
Channel Surfer

So you are saying my Roku unit may be defective?

I wonder if there this any actual support or availablity for the 'Favourite Buttons' here in Canada...anyone know for sure? Huck50

0 Kudos