Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdovi
Reel Rookie

Can’t get my Jensen TV’s to work within the roku

I’m unable to get either one of my Jensen TV’s on my boat to work with the roku remote with the one Jensen “code” available in the setup. Is there some other compatible remote manufacturer codes I can use to control my TV power and volume? Is there some “search” function that I’m not finding to look for compatible codes? 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t get my Jensen TV’s to work within the roku

Edmund  (@Tivoburkee ) is the most knowledgeable denizen of these forums re remote issues.  He should be along shortly if he has any helpful suggestions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jdovi
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much, Edmund (@tivoburkee) hopefully you have some trick up your sleeve!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Sorry but when it comes Jensen tv they have had so many different code sets its not funny, its a new code each time a new model comes out, its like they buy off unsold models and stick the jensen name on it. I would get a universal remote with learning feature so you can it the commands from the Jensen remote. Thats if your roku accepts IR commands. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jdovi
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much for the reply. I just called Roku and got the run around but you answered it directly. I'm using a streaming stick, I noticed that most of the remotes I'm finding online does not work with the streaming sticks, only the roku TV's or boxes. Can I just assume I'm stuck with two remotes at this point?  There is no learning function, scan function, or known compatibility with other brands?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You can try going into the secret menu and switching to hdmi-cec instead of IR, that's if your tv has that feature;

Home 5x, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF  /RF Remote Menu  /IR Transmit Menu

PP is play/pause

If it works it would be wifi between the remote and the roku stick+, then it would be cec over the hdmi connector to the tv. No IR involved. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jdovi
Reel Rookie

Thanks, no such luck as the TV doesn’t support CEC. It did turn off but the volume didn’t respond. What is weird is I’m having trouble with my new roku streaking stick plus I just purchased at Best Buy but my older roku streaming stick remote controls my same Jensen TV no problem. Seems the newer remote has less compatibly. Is there a way to update the remote codes?

0 Kudos

I came up with the same issue on my Jensen TV and new Roku remote.  The new shiny awesome Roku remote was not compatible but my old dog-chewed scratched up Roku had no issues with my Jensen TV.  Looks like Roku took some shortcuts in their programming of their remotes.  Maybe I can find some old spare remotes on EBay since my old Roku remote is held together with scotch tape. 🥴

0 Kudos