Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

Just got the Roku and was able to put the YoutubeTV shortcut onto one of the buttons.  I try to get FrndlyTV for shortcut # 2 but when I say "friendly tv," it comes up with a suggestion for another app which is not installed.  I then phonetically say the letters and it seems to know what I want but says it's not supported though the app exists.  Is there a way to add this outside of using the voice prompt?  I could not see it in settings anywhere.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 20

Re: Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

At this time its only for voice prompts. Yeah I couldn't get it, I have youtube tv and other is hdmi 3,  labeled computer. Sorry.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

Hopefully, this doesn't post twice.  This community forum software is a bit flaky and unresponsive at times.  Yes, the shortcuts are voice prompts.  Thing is Roku doesn't understand when you say "FrndlyTV."  Shortcut 1 I set up for Youtube TV just fine.  I was hoping to add the other manually if possible, I just didn't see anything in settings for doing that.

0 Kudos