Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddmichon
Level 7

Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

Just got the Roku and was able to put the YoutubeTV shortcut onto one of the buttons.  I try to get FrndlyTV for shortcut # 2 but when I say "friendly tv," it comes up with a suggestion for another app which is not installed.  I then phonetically say the letters and it seems to know what I want but says it's not supported though the app exists.  Is there a way to add this outside of using the voice prompt?  I could not see it in settings anywhere.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

At this time its only for voice prompts. Yeah I couldn't get it, I have youtube tv and other is hdmi 3,  labeled computer. Sorry.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
toddmichon
Level 7

Re: Can't get FrndlyTV to work on one of the 2 shortcut buttons on my remote

Hopefully, this doesn't post twice.  This community forum software is a bit flaky and unresponsive at times.  Yes, the shortcuts are voice prompts.  Thing is Roku doesn't understand when you say "FrndlyTV."  Shortcut 1 I set up for Youtube TV just fine.  I was hoping to add the other manually if possible, I just didn't see anything in settings for doing that.

0 Kudos