Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkenyon2
Level 7

Can't connect to my Stick with Harmony Hub

I just got the Logitech Harmony Smart Control Hub. It is supposed to be able to connect to Rokus. So far, it can pick up my Roku 2, but it can't find my Roku Stick. My cell phone's Roku app can pick up the Roku Stick, but ONLY if I type in the IP address.

The MyHarmony app scans the network but doesn't find the Roku Stick, even tho the hub and stick are on the same WiFi network.

Has anybody been able to resolve this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
knuckle
Level 7

Re: Can't connect to my Stick with Harmony Hub

is the stick active during the scan or is it idle with screen saver on?
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

I had a similar problem when I got mu hub. I ended up doing a factory reset and turning off all Roku except the one I wanted the Hub to control and starting over. Since that one Roku was the only one the Hub found it and controls it fine.

However I have not been able to get the hub to find or control any other Rokus on my Network. It seems the first one detected is the only one the Harmony will control.

Since I am getting control of what I want controlled I have not investigated this any further but there were a few posts over on the Harmony forums about problems like this. You might want to check there.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
mkenyon2
Level 7

I tried unplugging the Roku 2, and having the Roku stick streaming Pandora and the Hub stopped detecting anything. I think you might be right Elijah, it's only seeing the first one it finds. (That's a big issue if that's true... shame on Logitech.)
I will try this evening, unplugging the Roku 2, resetting the hub, and rescanning.

PS. I have the Roku's and the Hub set in my router to always get the same IP (static).

One other thing... The stick was on the 5G side of my Wifi, but the Hub only sees the 2.4G side. I switched the stick to the 2.4G side, but that didn't help. I'll see how it works tonight after resetting the hub.
0 Kudos
knuckle
Level 7

looking at the harmony site you may have to use the mobile app or desk top app to add in all devices https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/har ... -with-roku
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
QBALLPROD
Level 7

I had the same problem.  I my Harmony Hub could not find the Streaming Stick.  I checked my wifi router and saw it was on the correct network and had an IP address assigned, however, the hub would not recognize it.  To solve the problem, changed the Encryption Mode from WPA2 to include TKIP.  Once I did that, it then recognized the stick.  I was able to then get things set up.  Once set up, I did not want to keep TKIP as an encryption mode since it is unsecure, so I changed it back to WPA2.  As the stick was already recognized, it continues to work fine.  Hopefully this solution will work for others.
0 Kudos