Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBcarshops
Level 7

Can't connect to Streaming Stick, forgot remote

Jump to solution

Good evening, 

I'm on a trip and brought my Roku Streaming Stick + with me, but forgot my remote. Is there a way to access it with out it? I downloaded the app but it cant see my device because it's not connected to the hotel internet yet. And I can't seem to connect it, or find its IP address with out the remote. Im limited on data for my Hotspot so dodnt want to try connecting that wsy until I knew how to get the device to see my network too 

Thanks in advance, 

SBcarshops 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Can't connect to remote

Jump to solution

You're not going to be able to connect without a remote.

This is a stick that only connects to its remote via wifi-direct.  That means you can't use a readily available universal IR remote that supports Roku.  But retailers like Walmart do carry the Roku Voice remote that will work with your stick.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Can't connect to remote

Jump to solution

You're not going to be able to connect without a remote.

This is a stick that only connects to its remote via wifi-direct.  That means you can't use a readily available universal IR remote that supports Roku.  But retailers like Walmart do carry the Roku Voice remote that will work with your stick.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos