Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momster
Reel Rookie

Can't Navigate With Remote

I purchased a Roku Express 4K+ in February and am using it on a Samsung TV.  It has worked fine since I installed it until yesterday, when the navigation buttons stopped working.  It turns the TV on and off and adjusts the volume but I cannot navigate away from the bouncing logo screen.  It does not respond to voice commands.  I've read the troubleshooting articles and watched the YouTube video, but unplugging the device, removing the batteries, restarting the device, and reactivating the remote does not work - I've tried multiple times.  I tried installing the app on my phone, but it doesn't recognize the Roku.  HELP!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Navigate With Remote

We need more information.  Are you seeing nothing but the bouncing logo screen (startup animation)?  If so, that would point to some kind of power problem.  Make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.

If it gets past the startup animation, what's displayed on your TV?

The TV controls on the remote are separate from the navigation controls and it's possible for the TV controls to work while the navigation controls don't or vice versa.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
momster
Reel Rookie

Yes, nothing but the bouncing logo screen. I have used the power adapter from the very beginning; never the USB.
If I just use the TV remote everything works as normal. The Roku never gets beyond the startup animation.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The only thing I can suggest is a factory reset.  Find the little pinhole on the back and using a paperclip or something similar press and hold the button for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
momster
Reel Rookie

I'll give it a try this evening. Thanks!

0 Kudos