Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Can a URC MX 450 Control a Roku Ultra directly?

Update- While I did order the twin head flasher, I found that facing the MRF 260 towards the new Roku Ultra front window inside my components cabinet, the front blaster operates the Roku fine.  I did not install the twin head flasher. The MX 450 library offered IR code 05665 first. When tried, very few buttons would work controlling the Roku. The 2nd code offered was 0839.  That worked much better & had LCD screen buttons for those not on the MX 450. (Back, Home, & Options). I’ll try this over next several weeks to see if it will be stable. 

0 Kudos

Unplug your Roku remote from the wall. If you have a standard non-Bluetooth Roku remote, you can program the remote plus all the buttons to the MX-450 when your Roku is unplugged from the wall. If you have a Roku Bluetooth remote, maybe consider buying a cheap RF remote (that comes with cheaper Roku models) just to program its buttons to your MX-450. 

0 Kudos

Unplug your Roku BOX from the wall.... sorry. Once it’s unplugged it will allow you to program the Roku remote if it is a non-Bluetooth Roku remote. 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Its not bluetooth, its wifi-direct remote that roku use now a days. Yes if you unplug the Ultra from the power, its remote will begin sending IR commands for the roku instead of being RF, and so your learning remote can be taught the commands. Once you plug the ultra back in the roku remote is wifi again. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

As follow up to my previous post asking about controlling a URC MX 450 remote to control a ROKU Ultra behind an opaque cabinet doors. The answer is yes, the MX450 sends the Wi Fi signal to the MRF 260 IR signal flasher which flashes the IR signal to the ROKU Ultra inside the cabinet. It has been working fine for several months now with the ROKU Code that I had listed previously. I think I did have to update the Codes available in the MX 450 by using the URC Archiver software which had an October 2019 update. Bottom line is that the MX 450 will control a ROKU Ultra behind cabinet doors along with all the other components of the Home Theater system.  I did not have to buy the twin head flasher, as the MRF 260 flashes out it's face as well as sending signals out individual flashers that are plugged into it.

0 Kudos