Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfkoenig

Re: Can Roku Ultra Remote Turn on TV and control volume on surround receiver both via I/R

So I have an LG TV, Pioneer receiver, and a new Roku Ultra.

I was able to put in Pioneer and control the audio, but the TV power no longer functioned.

Has someone set it up to where the Roku remote could power on/off the TV *AND* control the volume on the receiver?

Thank you in advance.

Don

0 Kudos
Eembajd
Reel Rookie

Re: Can Roku Ultra Remote Turn on TV and control volume on surround receiver both via I/R

I followed these instructions for my Roku Ultra. However, I am unable to type-in my surround sound receiver brand (Pioneer) in the standard menu settings (settings / remotes&devices / remotes / enhanced voice remote / set up remote for tv control). As a result, I haven’t been able to get these instructions to work for me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Eembajd 

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously in this thread, Roku device remotes do not support control over AVRs.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eembajd
Reel Rookie

The previous responses in this topic indicated those individuals were able to control AVRs using the instructions provided in this topic. Am I understanding those responses correctly?

0 Kudos
russpalmeri
Reel Rookie

I believe it is not officially supported, but there are workarounds!

0 Kudos
Eembajd
Reel Rookie

Do you have a workaround you could share? Using the instructions posted earlier in this topic, I was able to find the secret Roku menu, but it didn't result in me being able to control my Pioneer AVR, even though I toggled the secret menu setting to AVR... and even though some other posts here indicated that they were able to control their AVRs using these instructions. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

I succeeded in this by not only Enabling Querying AVRs, but also disabling GetConnectedBrandInfo.

This finally allowed me to manually enter the brand of my receiver (an old yamaha). Of course, the prompts mentioned only tv, but since I changed the setting in the secret menu I knew we were really setting up an AVR. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
darth_diddle
Reel Rookie

I do not see an option to enter specific avr codes. I accessed the secret menu, enabled querying avr, returned to the remote setup screen, and nothing - to enter specific avr or codes. So, how exactly do you do this? Where are these codes and how are they specifically accessed? In the set up remote for TV control, it, STILL, only allows TV brands. So what gives? I even disabled GetConnectedBrandInfo as someone else in this thread suggested. Like to be in the light instead of in the dark. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@darth_diddle 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku remotes are only have the functionality to control the volume and power for TVs, and not for AVRs.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amolt

I struggled with this too... Roku remote should really be upgraded to allow control of AVR (basic functions like on/off, volume and may be input)... I have 2 roku devices (an ultra and a regular older version)... I have the harmony hub for one of them... it works fine most of the time but every now and then, one of the components does not fire up or something... for the other setup, I bought a side click remote for roku and that works great for basic functions to control my avr. I am thinking getting another sideclick remote as Harmony seems to be on life support in general...

0 Kudos