Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kigga
Level 7

Can I use Roku wireless speakers with a Roku tv thats currently connected to non-Roku soundbar?

Can one use Roku wireless speakers with a Roku tv thats currently connected to non-Roku sub/soundbar via audio input?

Wondering if I have to get a roku soundbar to have the speakers give me "surround sound."
Or if i can use my current setup with soundbar and woofer connected to the audio port but connect speakers via bluetooth direct to Roku TV and have all the sound work?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I use Roku wireless speakers with a Roku tv thats currently connected to non-Roku soundbar?

Until you get upgrade 10.5.0 on your roku tv, and that roku turns on the new features, sorry but no. As it is now, your can't have the roku wireless speakers and any soundbar connected to the same roku tv. They both replace your tv speakers, but only one can do that at a time. With 10.5 upgrade, the roku wireless speakers can act as mains, where the soundbar will act a center speaker. And with 10.5 you can have second pair of roku wireless speakers as rears, but that's only with roku soundbar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.