Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can I upgrade to a remote that has a mute function without buying a new Roku?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick with the voice command feature but there's no mute button on the remote, which I want. Can I just upgrade to a mutable remote without buying a whole new setup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Can I upgrade to a remote that has a mute function without buying a new Roku?

Jump to solution

Yes, if your stick uses a rc-al2 remote now, it work work with rc-al7r that has a mute key. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Can I upgrade to a remote that has a mute function without buying a new Roku?

Jump to solution

Yes, if your stick uses a rc-al2 remote now, it work work with rc-al7r that has a mute key. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see a reply stating rc-al2 and re-al7r are possible up grades.  My system is Roku Premiere.  The remote only has basic functions and I would like to upgrade the remote to have on/off button, volume control etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Yes the premiere can upgraded from its IR remote to wifi remote. Ypu get them atr walmart for $19.88 or best buy for $29.99. It will be the rc-al7r. You order it from Roku:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

But its on backorder under streamers, but the same remote is available under roku tv's:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Its the exact same remote, the rc-al7.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. How do I tell if I have a rc-al2 remote now? Is that information on my Roku box somewhere or maybe the remote itself?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Remote model numbers are generally inside the battery compartment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yup, you are correct. Underneath one of the two batteries. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

I mentioned the rc-al2 remote responding to OP who said they had a roku stick, just being sure it wasn't a 3500 stick, in which there is no replacement remote with a mute key or without. If your roku has a IR remote, it probably can be paired to a wifi remote with mute key. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is a 3800. Here's a list of what's compatible with the remote mentioned above:

Voice Remote

With TV power, volume, and mute buttons
Power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming with one remote. Use Roku Voice to quickly search across channels, turn captions on, and more in a touch. Find remotes for Roku® Streaming Sticks®.

Compatible with:

Roku 3 Roku 4Roku Express+ (model 3931)Roku PremiereRoku Premiere+Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600, 3800)Roku Streaming Stick+ (model 3810)Roku Ultra LTRoku UltraRoku Smart SoundbarRoku TV
0 Kudos