Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckr
Level 8

Can I somehow use Harmony 650 keyboard to control ROKU search function?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Can I somehow use Harmony 650 keyboard to control ROKU search function?

What model Roku? The Harmony 650 (keyboard? I have a 650 and there's no keyboard) is IR only, and Roku Stick devices do not work with IR. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
chuckr
Level 8

I bought the Premium model because I wanted it to work with my Harmony 650, so it has IR control.

0 Kudos
chuckr
Level 8

However, you are right - there is no "keyboard", only a 10-digit numerical keypad.  Duh!

0 Kudos
chuckr
Level 8

So I downloaded the RoByte app with the keyboard option (an extra buck) and it works ver nicely, at least on HULU.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@chuckr wrote:

I bought the Premium model because I wanted it to work with my Harmony 650, so it has IR control.

I assume you mean the Premiere or Premiere+ Roku. It really helps if you provide the specific model number of your Roku when asking questions. That way you don't have people like me asking inane questions. Smiley Very Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos