Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLHough
Channel Surfer

Re: Can I disable the lower 4 buttons on the Stick remote?

0 Kudos
CLHough
Channel Surfer

@CLHough wrote:

consider re-programming them:

press the hulu (or lower button on the left) and OK button at the same time for 3 seconds. and indicator light will remain on. release keys

press and release the key you want reprogrammed. light will flash slowly.

point the original remote that has the desired use already programmed head to head with the roku remote. I would use them on a table to keep them flat and aimed at each other's IR windows.

press and hold the key on the working remote, the indicator will flash 3 times and remain on.

you can repeat this with other keys as long as the light remains on.

to release the programming mode, press OK & the amazon button (or the bottom right button.)

I hope this helps. It made a world of difference to me when I found this info in the box of a replacement remote.

That's possible. The evidence is in the instructions above. If they don't work, I would suggest purchasing a replacement remote. It worked for me, that's all I am saying. You're welcome.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

We don't support re-programming channel partner buttons on remotes. It sounds like you may be referring to some 3rd party, unofficial accessories. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
CLHough
Channel Surfer

Correct. I said that already in the original reply.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

No where in any of your posts you mention model or brand of remote you're reprogramming, just go right in to programming by pressing HULU key?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
CLHough
Channel Surfer

Sorry. I thought that more than the one I have would do it. I bought an Anderic, I believe is the brand.  I've reprogrammed all of my branded keys to do other things.  Here's the link on Amazon, but I expect the community manager to delete this response (because he's like that.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TMGBTMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

transplantwest
Streaming Star

They could make one .... like a heavy duty rubber glove ... or just a cap that fits over the buttons ... $2.99 out the door ....

0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

Apparently Roku supports remotes without the buttons if you buy a new remote from Roku.  Look at the Roku Voice Remote. 

I've had Roku's for many years and have always been annoyed at those buttons.  I primarily use a projector, so I keep the lights are lower than normal.  If I don't look at the remote, there's a chance I'll hit one of those buttons and bounce from my movie to a channel that I will never subscribe. 

sicjedi
Streaming Star

I just got a new Ultra, and I hate those four buttons so much that I began to think negative thoughts about the companies labeled on them every time I looked at the remote or hit those freaking buttons. Here's what I did to rectify the situation...

On the Ultra, those buttons are mostly solid rubber. So I took a sharp blade and I cut them out, pretty much to be level with the surface of the remote. Then I put a small strip of paper and a strip of electrical tape horizontally across the whole area of the buttons, with the ends of the tape just lapping over under the battery cover on the remote. It looks relatively nice, and the remote works fine. No annoying buttons. 8^) 

Don't tell anybody!!! ;^) 

Guamguy

I will never purchase another ROKU product at all stemming from the remote. Great job!