Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gahelton
Reel Rookie

Cable box remote activates (interferes) with Roku

Jump to solution

We purchased a Roku Express 4K to replace a Sony Blue Ray player that we used to access our Wi-Fi network to watch online content, Netflix etc. We connected the Roku, and we through the setup procedure, and everything appeared to be working correctly until we went back to cable TV.

When we did that, we found that the cable box remote (pressing just about any button on the cable box remote) will cause the Roku to take control, and switch the video source back to whatever we were previously watching on the Roku.

We went though the remote pairing procedure, and that seem to fix the problem. However, we had to remove power from the Roku to fix another problem, and now the cable box remote issue has returned.

We do not want the Roku remote to control the cable box or TV. Likewise, we do not want the cable box remote to control the Roku.

Does the Roku lose it's remote pairing information after a power cycle ?  Why does the cable box remote interfere with the Roku ?  If we can't get this problem fixed, the Roku is useless for us.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gahelton
Reel Rookie

Re: Cable box remote activates (interferes) with Roku

Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Go into the settings of the Roku:

settings> system> control other devices(cec)> uncheck the 1-touch play box. Read the paragraph beside it. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
gahelton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you !

0 Kudos