Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJmusicguy
Level 8

Buy a new Device or use ebay?

Dear Roku inc,

I am writing today to inform you of the very terrible practices of Roku in Canada. I attempted to get a new remote for my device and was told warranty was expired and I could not be helped. I was told to buy a new device or try third party options on Ebay? that hardly seems like an acceptable option.I happen to know that users in the US can buy items directly which I would  be happy to do and is what I am advocating for here today!

I have been a loyal fan of roku  for 3 years. I have been recommending roku to to everyone I know every chance I get I I work for a successful web marketing and hosting firm I know exactly how Business should be run and how I should be treated I must point out that not allowing users to buy product and product accessories directory from a company that sells propratry hardware is an extremely poor and rather short sighted approach to business in multiple markets   I love the company and the product   But not this time. I’m sure  there are reasons but as a consumer in Canada I find this unacceptable and it feels like Roku does not care about customers in Canada it is appalling that i was told to buy a entire new device or buy a 3rd party remote on Ebay  

Thats a copy of a email I sent to the consumer advocate I doubt I will get a response I just do not understand why Canadian users can not buy direct?

nor why we are told to use Ebay? 

I look forward to your immediate reply and a resolution to my problem.
Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Buy a new Device or use ebay?

Is the device a Roku stick that is purple in color?  If so, that model used a unique remote that has not been used by any model since then and its remote is no longer available.  That may be why they suggested trying ebay.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MJmusicguy
Level 8

Re: Buy a new Device or use ebay?

0 Kudos