Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

I'm hoping this issue can be resolved.  The private listening was one of my favorite features.  I wish I had reason to be more positive about the outcome, as I hesitate to purchase another Roku when mine works fine otherwise.

Highlighted

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

Facing the same issue with our Roku 2.  A couple of updates back the headphones stopped working when plugged into the Roku remote. 

Yes, the headphones work.  I've used them with the following items without issue:

• Android Phone
  • iMac

Can't for the like of me understand why Roku would remove this feature?  if they think their users simply don't use the headphone jack, welp...  They are mistaken, as this thread shows.

Highlighted
Level 7

I wouldn't consider investing in a product that becomes obsolete by update fiat.  I guess we will have to start spreading the word to avoid Roku.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

tanner is there a update scheduled soon??? to fix the problem with private listening on roku 2 2720x ??????  ive been thinking about buying another roku ,my 3rd but am holding off until this issue is resolved Smiley Sad  as a person with a hearing impairment this option is critical to me!  plz respond. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mongo9  Thanks for checking in. Yes, the team is still looking into a resolution for this issue, and we hope to address this in the next software update. We don't have any ETA to share yet, but I'll be sure to share an update when we make any announcements. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for replying, I just got a new set of speakers that connect through my audio jack and was confused why I couldn’t control the volume via the tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We have run into the same issue with our Roku 2. The headphone option was perfect for my elderly mother, and now it doesn't work. Please fix this issue. We own three Rokus in our house, we are good customers and you should take care of your customers rather than just leave us hanging over a key feature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 remote - headphone jack not working

Did Roku disable private listening on the Roku 2 ? My headphones are good and the headphone jack on the remote does not work anymore. I have the most recent Roku app on my iPhone and there is no icon for headphones. All of this was working properly. Please advise. Thank you!

0 Kudos