Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

Correct Doug. My Roku2 is also not compatible with the Roku app.  My Roku stick that I use on a different TV however works fine with the app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

Same thing happened to me, have tried everything.  I cannot use the Roku without this feature.  If this is not fixed soon, I will be buying a competitor's product.  I like the device, but it is unacceptable to disable a key feature like this in a firmware update.

Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

No other competitor has this feature, but a newer roku would, like ultra,

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

The code release process appears to be flawed.  A student intern doing QC testing from his dorm room could have detected this problem before its was approved for distribution.  It's been over two months since the problem was detected, and Roku has not offered any solution.  I was going to upgrade to an Ultra over Christmas, but the unexplained loss of private listening from the 2720x makes me concerned the same thing could happen to the Ultra.  

Highlighted
Level 9

On my 2720x the volume goes to 25 when I plug in the headphones.  Pressing volume up causes the volume to only go to 26 and volume down causes the volume to only go to 24 regardless of how many times the buttons are pushed.

A subsequent 11/19 firmware update seems to have disabled private listening audio completely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Having the same problem with my Roku 2.  Have tried all suggested fixes.  Do not get the headphone icon on the Roku app, so can’t use that.  I thought it was my remote, but not happy private listening is not available on the app either.  Please try to rectify this issue.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PGib Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The team is investigating this issue, and working towards a resolution. I'll be sure to keep this topic updated when I hear any further news. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had to re-pair the remote then use the app on my phone. I don't touch the remote anymore. This worked for me. Good Luck!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Mellie422 

What specific Roku device do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Think there will be any resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos