Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wills2720
Level 9

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

I've tried the most current Roku Mobile App for both IOS and Android devices, and I don't believe private listening is supported for the 2720x on the mobile app.  I don't see the headphone symbol in the app after connection with the 2720x, and plugging in headphones doesn't enable private listening.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

@wills2720  Thanks for calling that out. You're correct, it doesn't appear that the feature is supported on that model. I will continue to provide any updates that I hear on this topic. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Rumbel
Level 7

Same thing happened to me, have tried everything.  I cannot use the Roku without this feature.  If this is not fixed soon, I will be buying a competitor's product.  I like the device, but it is unacceptable to disable a key feature like this in a firmware update.

Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

No other competitor has this feature, but a newer roku would, like ultra,

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
wills2720
Level 9

The code release process appears to be flawed.  A student intern doing QC testing from his dorm room could have detected this problem before its was approved for distribution.  It's been over two months since the problem was detected, and Roku has not offered any solution.  I was going to upgrade to an Ultra over Christmas, but the unexplained loss of private listening from the 2720x makes me concerned the same thing could happen to the Ultra.  

Highlighted
PGib
Level 8

Having the same problem with my Roku 2.  Have tried all suggested fixes.  Do not get the headphone icon on the Roku app, so can’t use that.  I thought it was my remote, but not happy private listening is not available on the app either.  Please try to rectify this issue.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PGib Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. The team is investigating this issue, and working towards a resolution. I'll be sure to keep this topic updated when I hear any further news. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
brucesnipes
Level 7

Think there will be any resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PGib
Level 8

I'm hoping this issue can be resolved.  The private listening was one of my favorite features.  I wish I had reason to be more positive about the outcome, as I hesitate to purchase another Roku when mine works fine otherwise.

Highlighted

Facing the same issue with our Roku 2.  A couple of updates back the headphones stopped working when plugged into the Roku remote. 

Yes, the headphones work.  I've used them with the following items without issue:

• Android Phone
  • iMac

Can't for the like of me understand why Roku would remove this feature?  if they think their users simply don't use the headphone jack, welp...  They are mistaken, as this thread shows.