Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Private listening not working

Jump to solution

@JayG1 

Thanks for the not.

For instructions on how to manually check for an update on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Headphones will not work on my Roku 2720x that is running version 9.2.0 build 4804 (shows this version is from 12/11/19).  It is now 5/4/20 and it still shows there is no update available.  I can't use the Roku as it stands and need to know if this will be fixed on my model very soon or if I need to move on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my 2.  An employee from Roku told me how to do the update but it's not showing that there is an update to be downloaded.  So as of now, I'm stuck with no private listening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I suspect that there may be some legal issues regarding the removal of the private listening feature on older Roku remotes.  After all, this was a feature that was offered when purchasing this device.  I don't remember seeing anything in the manual indicating that Roku would reprogram and disconnect the availability of this feature at Roku's discretion at a later date. 

[post edited]

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CJC2020 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please send me with the following information through PM:
-Roku model and serial number of device having this issue.
-How long have you been experiencing this issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This post has been severely edited.  Just curious if CJC2020 did that or if it was Roku.  [post edited]

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Actually I don't see a way to edit a post, as a person doing the posting.  My above post/comment was directed at CJC2020's comment, prior to Danny's (Roku's) response.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What a surprise!!!!  My private listening feature mysteriously started working again last night (after posting my comments earlier yesterday).  It's a miracle!!! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

P.S.

I did not alter or edit my original listing about Roku's arbitrary disabling of the "private listening" feature.  Apparently, there's something rotten in Denmark.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My private listening on Roku 2 is now working, but I have the same problem as wills2720 with the volume control.  I first posted about the headphone jack problem in January.  I'm glad there has been some progress on this issue though.

0 Kudos