Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bug report: 2720x Private listening headphone disabled by firmware update around 11/10/19

Jump to solution

We have run into the same issue with our Roku 2. The headphone option was perfect for my elderly mother, and now it doesn't work. Please fix this issue. We own three Rokus in our house, we are good customers and you should take care of your customers rather than just leave us hanging over a key feature.

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku 2 remote - headphone jack not working

Jump to solution

Did Roku disable private listening on the Roku 2 ? My headphones are good and the headphone jack on the remote does not work anymore. I have the most recent Roku app on my iPhone and there is no icon for headphones. All of this was working properly. Please advise. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem with mine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The way I resolved software bugs was to rollback until the issue was resolved. Are you unable to rollback? I seem to be able to listen to streaming media, but not video files running from the USB port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is it fixed already?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I downloaded 9.3 on 4/28/20 and the audio function on the headphone jack was restored. However, the volume control is still not working properly.  Volume level can only change between level 24 - 26 when I toggle the volume button on the remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still having the same issue.  I am only on the 9.2 build but no option for an update to 9.3 (3920x)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Kjkorzen

I believe this fix is possibly specific to the 2720x which never had private listening on the phone app.  People with hearing impairment who purchased the 2720x for the private listening feature as an accessibility function were left in a bind the past 5 months. 

I'm puzzled why the volume control function wasn't also restored.  If the firmware release procedures still aren't robust, I'm not confident the return of the private listening feature is permanent.  An official Roku explanation of what happened would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra that we purchased 8/2019 and the private listening function was working until yesterday's update. Now after plugging in headphones for a few seconds there is high-pitched static and the remote stops functioning all together. We have to take a battery out and put it back in for the remote to begin working again. How can I get rid of this update? I tried the "secret screen", but the previous version is not available. Will it be another 6 months before this one gets fixed??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how to update to the most recent software on my Roku device.  Any instruction would be appreciated.  Thank You

0 Kudos