Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Private listening not working

Jump to solution

Hi, I've been running 9.3 build 4150 since May 16 on my 2720x and the volume control range is still restricted to between 24 to 26, which is too loud for some programming, and I worry about damaging my hearing sometimes.  I saw the first 9.3 build release back in April which did re-enable the  headphone audio.  I'd suggest hiring some forum members to test your builds before distribution.  This mistake never should have made it past beta test.  

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

9.3 build 4170 downloaded onto 2720x yesterday.  Volume control still only ranges between 24 and 26 on display.

Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku 2 2720X, software version 9.3.0 build 4170-06 - Private listening stuck on 16 and goes down 2 notches only to 14. I thought it was an issue with a stuck button on the remote and I attempted to break open the remote but was not successful. From the posts here, it was caused by an update from last year. So I said, since this Roku is really old, I bought the $79 Ultra from Walmart. The volume worked great but it will not hold the resolution, I set it to 1080p but seems after a commercial, it resets itself to 4k and all the character's heads are cut off.  After my nth try, it seems the new one has a new bug too and it is a lot worse - almost forcing you to buy a 4k TV. I returned the Roku. So now, I am making do with a 16 volume audio - using a Bose Noise cancellation headphone, so I am still able to hear most of the audio. I hope this gets fixed. A new Roku will just introduce worse problems.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I dont understand.  I too am on 9.3.0 build 4170 (thats all my roku says)  no new updates since 6/1/2020.   I still have no audio and have tried a few different headsets, earbuds, etc.    My volume control appears like it is working on screen for the headphones but I still get no audio.    This is very frustrating that this feature basically worked for a day since I bought it 7 months ago. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kjkorzen 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model Number: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ005D313324

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4170-46

Device ID: CK48A5313324

Please help. The headphone jack does not work all of a sudden. Replace the headphones and still have the same problem. It works for about 1 second as you move the jack but that is it. Does not work.

Michelle

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Manning2012 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos