Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

Jump to solution

Is it fixed already?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I downloaded 9.3 on 4/28/20 and the audio function on the headphone jack was restored. However, the volume control is still not working properly.  Volume level can only change between level 24 - 26 when I toggle the volume button on the remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still having the same issue.  I am only on the 9.2 build but no option for an update to 9.3 (3920x)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Kjkorzen

I believe this fix is possibly specific to the 2720x which never had private listening on the phone app.  People with hearing impairment who purchased the 2720x for the private listening feature as an accessibility function were left in a bind the past 5 months. 

I'm puzzled why the volume control function wasn't also restored.  If the firmware release procedures still aren't robust, I'm not confident the return of the private listening feature is permanent.  An official Roku explanation of what happened would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra that we purchased 8/2019 and the private listening function was working until yesterday's update. Now after plugging in headphones for a few seconds there is high-pitched static and the remote stops functioning all together. We have to take a battery out and put it back in for the remote to begin working again. How can I get rid of this update? I tried the "secret screen", but the previous version is not available. Will it be another 6 months before this one gets fixed??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how to update to the most recent software on my Roku device.  Any instruction would be appreciated.  Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JayG1 

Thanks for the not.

For instructions on how to manually check for an update on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Headphones will not work on my Roku 2720x that is running version 9.2.0 build 4804 (shows this version is from 12/11/19).  It is now 5/4/20 and it still shows there is no update available.  I can't use the Roku as it stands and need to know if this will be fixed on my model very soon or if I need to move on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my 2.  An employee from Roku told me how to do the update but it's not showing that there is an update to be downloaded.  So as of now, I'm stuck with no private listening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I suspect that there may be some legal issues regarding the removal of the private listening feature on older Roku remotes.  After all, this was a feature that was offered when purchasing this device.  I don't remember seeing anything in the manual indicating that Roku would reprogram and disconnect the availability of this feature at Roku's discretion at a later date. 

[post edited]