Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Broken remote

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU device and when I was in my previous home (and with a different modem and wifi), my remote died so I was successfully using my android app.  Now that I've moved, I have a new modem and wifi so I cannot get my device to connect nor will my phone app work. Where can I buy a new remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Broken remote

Jump to solution

Sorry, but no. 3500 purple stick used a remote no other roku used, so it is no longer available, only used ones on ebay. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

What's the model number of your Roku?  Not the name, but the number.  It should be written on it somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It says on the device 3500X.  Is it possible to just buy a remote?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Sorry, but no. 3500 purple stick used a remote no other roku used, so it is no longer available, only used ones on ebay. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jovic1 

Thanks for the post.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny

The wire that hooks to my TV broke.  It's the part that goes into the TV.  A little metal part broke off and I'm unable to find it. 

I see that it's part of something called a "Switching Adapter"  On one end is a USB and on the other end is the broken part. 

Please advise what my alternatives are to get a replacement, etc.  

Maria

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

See if you have another USB cable for a phone or tablet lying around that would fit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you.  That worked!  I think it takes an A cable. 

0 Kudos