Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjabend
Level 9

Bluetooth Headset Connection to TV

Jump to solution

I am using the Roku Streaming Stick Plus on my Samsung TV and connecting Bluetooth earbuds. When the TV asks for confirmation of the connection, I can't determine how to accept the connection with the Roku remote and have to use the TV remote. Is there a way I can accept the connection with the Roku remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth Headset Connection to TV

Jump to solution

When you pair your Smart Stick+ remote to your tv it allows the remote to send line-of-sight IR commands to your tv.  The only tv commands in the remote's library are the ones associated with the TV buttons on the remote, i.e. power toggle, volume up/down, and mute toggle. For any other tv commands you'll need to use the TV remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bluetooth Headset Connection to TV

Jump to solution

When you pair your Smart Stick+ remote to your tv it allows the remote to send line-of-sight IR commands to your tv.  The only tv commands in the remote's library are the ones associated with the TV buttons on the remote, i.e. power toggle, volume up/down, and mute toggle. For any other tv commands you'll need to use the TV remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos