Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macher
Level 7

Better Remote Than Express?

Hi we have a couple of Roku express. Are there remotes that are more modern like an all in one remote where you can adjust the volume? 

Also what’s a pain is with our old Xfinity remotes you could go to the channel directly without scrolling through the whole live tv menu. Is there a remote that can accomplish this?

thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Better Remote Than Express?

No, roku do not respond to any remote that has the digits 0-9. Even Roku tv's which respond to code sets that are 20 and 30 years old, and so there are alot remotes out there with ten key pad, but the commands mapped these are worthless on ANY roku or roku tv. Sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
macher
Level 7

@Tivoburkee wrote:

No, roku do not respond to any remote that has the digits 0-9. Even Roku tv's which respond to code sets that are 20 and 30 years old, and so there are alot remotes out there with ten key pad, but the commands mapped these are worthless on ANY roku or roku tv. Sorry. 

Ok thanks to re-iterate I’m on YouTube TV. When I’m done watching a show I have to scroll all the down to watch another show. There’s no short cut without scrolling? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Sorry but no. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
macher
Level 7

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Sorry but no. 

How about volume on a roku remote? I read something about voice recognition? What’s that? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

If your express is 3700 model, it can't be paired to wifi voice remote, which is only roku remotes with tv controls. If its express 3900 or 3930 then you can buy separately Roku Voice remote, and pair it to the express and then program it to control the tv power & volume commands. There are $19.99, first remote listed here, but it is on backorder:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

The same remote is listed under Roku tv's ad is in stock:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Or you can purchase it at walmart or best buy. 

Edmund
0 Kudos