Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim44
Level 7

Battery warning

Jump to solution

Can we get an option or is there one to disable the remote battery warning pop up? It’s annoyance is making me consider the competition, thanks

4660x

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Battery warning

Jump to solution

I think the competition will have something similar. But no, there's no way to disable the battery warning. Not certain why you would want to, as it only appears for a brief amount of time and it's providing worthwhile information. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

I think the competition will have something similar. But no, there's no way to disable the battery warning. Not certain why you would want to, as it only appears for a brief amount of time and it's providing worthwhile information. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tim44
Level 7

Jump to solution
Program Options are good. It is not a useful feature when it displays for weeks and covers 10% of the screen.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

I've never seen a battery warning like that. Usually it's just a small icon in the upper right corner of the screen that goes away after about 5 seconds after waking the Roku. But again, it's unlikely you'll find another device that doesn't offer the same warning  and with an ability to disable. 

And if you've had a low battery warning for weeks, why not replace the batteries? From my experience the warning doesn't appear until you're down to somewhere around 30% remaining, and alkaline batteries tend to drop pretty fast once they get that low. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Tim44
Level 7

Jump to solution
I was considering stock in Roku, not lead battery parts. Throwing money and time at battery change outs is worse than putting up with the battery reminder every time I press a button, but either are very far from ideal.

Maybe there is an ideal solution in the future, maybe not.
0 Kudos
Tim44
Level 7

Jump to solution
Alternate suggestion and likely quicker to code. Have the low battery pop up once per hour maximum. If this were happening on a tablet every time you pressed the screen people would lose their minds. this is a horrible feature as currently implemented.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Again, I've never seen the low battery alert pop up during use. It will appear when I hit the home button to wake it up, and is gone in about 5 seconds. After than I've never seen it again while the Roku was in use. And it's just a small icon in the upper corner. I'm not seeing what you are describing. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Tim44
Level 7

Jump to solution
Do you know where I report a bug to the devs?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Tomorrow the Roku forum admins will be here, and will likely offer to assist you with contacting them.

@RokuDanny-R@RokuTannerD 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the feedback here. We'll pass it along to our team. If you have a suggestion to share, feel free to check out our Suggest a Feature board. 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos