Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Battery warning

Jump to solution

Again, I've never seen the low battery alert pop up during use. It will appear when I hit the home button to wake it up, and is gone in about 5 seconds. After than I've never seen it again while the Roku was in use. And it's just a small icon in the upper corner. I'm not seeing what you are describing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tim44
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Do you know where I report a bug to the devs?
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Tomorrow the Roku forum admins will be here, and will likely offer to assist you with contacting them.

@RokuDanny-R@RokuTannerD 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the feedback here. We'll pass it along to our team. If you have a suggestion to share, feel free to check out our Suggest a Feature board. 

klinder
Channel Surfer

Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra keeps displaying the battery status in the upper right corner of my TV -- pops up about once every 3-5 minutes.   It is annoying.  I have fresh batteries in the remote control unit and the pop up on the display shows the battery at full charge.

Why does this battery message keep popping up and how do I get it to stop.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

I've never seen that with mine. The only time I ever see the status window is immediately after the remote has linked to the player, usually right after a reboot. I'm wondering if network interference is causing your remote to lose connection and then reconnect. It's a long shot, but you might try changing the channel your WiFi uses. Even if your Ultra is hard wired, the remote still uses the same WiFi frequencies as your wireless router. Changing the channel might clear up the issue. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing. A few questions here: 

- Are you pressing any buttons on your remote when you see this indicator appear? 

- Are you using private listening on your remote, plugging headphones into the remote to listen?

- Have you tried unplugging your Roku Ultra from power for a minute, and taking the batteries out of your remote, then plugging the device back in and reinserting the batteries to see if this clears up the issue? 

- When did this issue first start occurring? 

With more information, we can continue investigating from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
klinder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  To answer your questions:

A)  I am not pressing any buttons on the remote.  It is sitting on a coffee table.  The message appears randomly, about every 4-6 minutes and displays the words "remote control" along with an indicator of the battery status.

B)  I am not using it to listen to anything -- i.e., not using the headphone port

C)  I've unplugged the Roku Ultra, the HDMI, the Ethernet Cable, replaced the remote batteries... numerous times.  Nothing works.  Same problem.

D)  It's been occurring for a while now, I don't exactly remember when it started, but we are now using it more often in our family room, so it's rather annoying that it continues to pop up all the time.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Is there more then one remote paired to ultra? Might be sitting in draw with low batteries?  Go into the setting to remote, click on remote in use, then about, what does it say the battery percentage is?

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
klinder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks... only one remote paired with the Roku Ultra and it is the Roku remote.  Battery percentage is at 100%.  Sigh.  

0 Kudos