Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Usage on ROKU Devices

Let's keep this very simple:

1. ROKU Devices use AA Batteries like I drink water, MOST ESPECIALLY when using the Earbuds for Late-Night Viewing;

2. ROKU Website UNDERSELLS Best Buy, making little old ME feel and look like a FOOL;

3. ROKU offering some NEW Devices-too bad Web Page has ZERO Chat Alternatives to find out why New Remotes are so cheap, what's new, etc.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Battery Usage on ROKU Devices

Roku, Walmart and Amazon all sell the Voice remote for about $20. Best Buy has ALWAYS sold it for $29.99!! You take this up with Best Buy they set their prices. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I plan on it.  One matter of fact is that I DID pay the $29.99 Price; second Device, same, B.B. WHACKED me.  Still doesn't explain Battery usage OR if 'Newer/Recent Built' Devices are easier on the old Double A's.  I mean, the Copper Tops are NOT cheap Batteries, are they now?

Would you in your opinion, buy ROKU Wireless Speakers, or not?

Thank-you kindly.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

When you use the remote to listen with ear buds, you are powering an audio amplifier in the remote. Yes, it draws more power. But the important thing to remember is that you must always unplug the ear buds when not in use. As soon as you plug something into the earphone jack, the audio amp is powered up, even if you aren't listening to anything. Leave them plugged in for a couple of days and the batteries will be dead. With my WiFi remotes, I never use the headphone jack, and my batteries last for many months.

Roku does now sell a remote with rechargeable batteries, and it should work with most newer Roku players. It comes standard with the latest version of the Stick+ (model 3821). But for other players you'd have to buy one yourself. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.