Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusingthalia
Level 7

Battery Symbol on Screen and TV power/Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. We've had this for two months and it's worked great, just the one remote to run power, sound, everything. A few days ago we started seeing the battery symbol so we changed the batteries. Now today after having no issues it suddenly is no longer able to control sound and power.  I followed the link and instructions and it went through a ton of codes and said it couldn't be connected.  Since the only thing that's changed is the batteries in the remote, I think there is something wrong with the remote.  How do I go about getting it replaced?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

@amusingthalia @mikem23 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikem23
Level 7

Remote battery popup during playback when battery is not low

Jump to solution

I have noticed the battery status indicator for the remote popping up during playback. Not often, but enough to be annoying. The remote battery is at 84%, so it is hardly critical information. Not worth interrupting whatever I may be viewing.

I can understand interrupting my viewing for a low battery notice, but this one is nowhere near low.

My system is a Roku Ultra 4670X (up to date: 9.4.0 · build 4183-46) and the remote is an RC496.

Is there a setting I'm missing that could affect this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

@amusingthalia @mikem23 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos