Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We-like-cats
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

I keep getting this issue too.

Customer support has had be reset my box but it only worked for a week.

I also get an issue where if I hit play, a few seconds latter it will repause.  (It is like it takes the command then a few seconds latter resends the command).  The opposite is true when I hit pause and even the power button.

0 Kudos

Battery Symbol on Screen and TV power/Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. We've had this for two months and it's worked great, just the one remote to run power, sound, everything. A few days ago we started seeing the battery symbol so we changed the batteries. Now today after having no issues it suddenly is no longer able to control sound and power.  I followed the link and instructions and it went through a ton of codes and said it couldn't be connected.  Since the only thing that's changed is the batteries in the remote, I think there is something wrong with the remote.  How do I go about getting it replaced?  

0 Kudos
mikem23

Remote battery popup during playback when battery is not low

Jump to solution

I have noticed the battery status indicator for the remote popping up during playback. Not often, but enough to be annoying. The remote battery is at 84%, so it is hardly critical information. Not worth interrupting whatever I may be viewing.

I can understand interrupting my viewing for a low battery notice, but this one is nowhere near low.

My system is a Roku Ultra 4670X (up to date: 9.4.0 · build 4183-46) and the remote is an RC496.

Is there a setting I'm missing that could affect this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

@amusingthalia @mikem23 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MaurokNC
Reel Rookie

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

Anyone found a reliable fix for this yet? Umpteen millions posts about it and the only solutions I’ve seen is to replace the batteries (even though when I go to remotes under settings it tells me my batteries are at 99%) or reboot the Roku. I’m on the latest and not so greatest OS and the battery shows up on the Home Screen and every single app. This is ridiculous. Has anyone tried to unpair the enhanced remote and linking an older standard remote? The remote doesn’t matter to me because I usually use my phones app to control it. I might give that a shot and get back here if that works. 

0 Kudos
JonSF
Channel Surfer

Re: 55R625 - right corner battery level icon/overlay error displayed middle of show

Jump to solution

After I had to get my electronics fixed in my 55R625, I never had that popup again. Sorry, but I think it's hardware related!

MaurokNC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, I decided to bounce my Roku for like the 5th time trying to get it to go away and it’s been gone now for 3 episodes of ‘The 100’ so Imma call it tentatively fixed for now. I’m sure the cat will fart on the remote tomorrow and it’ll be back again, but it’s solved for now. 

0 Kudos
Suzettevi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku tv’s and they all display the stupid battery level icon in the top right corner.  It goes from red, to green then back to red.  IT IS ANNOYING!

there has to be someone who coded this idiotic warning to display.  They need to undo what they did.  

please fix this ASAP.

Suzettevi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I put brand new batteries in the remote and IT STILL KEEPS DISPLAYING THE STUPID MESSAGE AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN.

This is ridiculously ANNOYING.  please make it go away! 

0 Kudos
Nori
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Understand your frustration. Same here. But if you’re using Roku 2 that icon will never go away. I’ve read such horrible reviews of the newer models that I won’t buy another Roku. Happy now streaming all thru my Samsung smart tv apps. 

0 Kudos