Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff_net
Level 7

Re: Battery Life on Remote

Understood and it did indeed extend the battery for other folks depending on their firmware and hardware configs.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra remote unreasonable battery drain

@Anckers @Wrcallow1232 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3800 remote eating batteries

@grey2121 

You can send a private message by clicking the envelope icon at the top right of the page, next to your user avatar. For more detailed information on how to send a private message and other tips on using the Community you can visit the thread here: Welcome to the Community

In regards to your Stream Stick remote experiencing battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff_net
Level 7

@grey2121 it's good that you tried to impart how to send a PM as I did not know and fumbled around for quite awhile trying to figure that out. I even searched online for how to send a PM to roku user and I didn't find an answer. So, I ended up clicking on RokuDanny-R's profile and saw it there.

When you mentioned how to do it, you didn't say how to get to the page you were talking about that has the envelope icon. It was not on the page I was on reading the forum thread. So, I would have no idea where you were talking about. Of all the pages I clicked around looking, I never saw an envelope.

Just wanted you to know for next time that I needed some context. Thanks.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@jeff_net wrote:

When you mentioned how to do it, you didn't say how to get to the page you were talking about that has the envelope icon. It was not on the page I was on reading the forum thread. So, I would have no idea where you were talking about. Of all the pages I clicked around looking, I never saw an envelope.

The envelope icon is in the top right corner of every page of the site. Just scroll all the way to the top of the page and you'll see it next to the bell icon, which shows messages about posts you've selected to receive a notification about. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeff_net
Level 7

On my Android S7, there's no envelope when I scroll all the way to the top. Nowhere in between either
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@jeff_net wrote:
On my Android S7, there's no envelope when I scroll all the way to the top. Nowhere in between either

Ah, that then might be a bug in the mobile version of the web site. I didn't realize you were using a phone, or completely overlooked it in a previous message. I've never tried it on a mobile device.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
nathanp
Level 7

Yes, I was not able to create PM's from mobile, except when viewing the desktop site from my phone's browser.
0 Kudos
jeff_net
Level 7

Not sure what you mean by "desktop site". When I click on the thread subject in the notification email, it brings up this community page in Chrome and there's no envelope or bell icon to be found. I don't recall seeing it in my computer browser either. At this point I'm curious what the difference is.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@jeff_net wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "desktop site". 

Many web sites have mobile versions that optimize the information layout for the smaller screen of a phone. By desktop I believe he's referring to the "normal" web site we see using a regular computer and monitor.

On your regular computer, look at the very top right corner of the page (you might have to scroll all the way up). There's a help link, your account avatar, and to the left of that is a bell and envelope icon. 

Dan
0 Kudos