Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geezer260
Level 7

Re: Battery Life on Remote

I have a 55 inch TCL Roku tv with software updated. My remote that came with the tv burns up the AA batteries in less than a week. Swapped out to Roku wireless speakers remote and those batteries burn up in 3 days. I just use it to change channels, nothing more. Why?
0 Kudos

My remote is also eating batteries like no other. We purchased a compatible remote after the original went missing. The tv would frequently be turned on overnight by the roku remote. We again purchased a new compatible remote thinking it was the remote having an issue not the actual stick. This remote has the pairing button only no volume control. It doesn't
seem to matter it still eats batteries and loses pairing mode on almost a daily basis. Model# 3600R serial 5S56AV223108
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

At this point I think it's fairly safe to assume some Roku Remotes are just... flaky. What to do about it? It's not like Roku could fix 'em with an update.

They could admit defeat, find a replacement remote that is as close to Rock Solid as possible (through testing I would assume) and offer it to us (once we prove who we are and how many buggy remotes we have... somehow) for $5 (probably twice what they cost) and I'd pay it. I'm not unreasonable.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Geezer260

Thanks for reaching out. You'll want to contact TCL support to report the issue with the remote that came included with your TV, and request a warranty replacement for the issue you're running into. (Assuming your TV is still within the warranty period.) 

Please feel free to send me a private message with your order number for your Roku TV wireless speakers, as well as the email address used for your purchase, and I'll have a member of our support team reach out to follow up with you directly to assist you further. 

@Abigaildrake1984

Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! It appears there are a couple factors contributing to your experience. I'd recommend turning off 1-touch play in Settings>System>Control other devices to prevent any unintentional remote button presses (or Roku mobile app remote commands) from triggering your TV to power on due to Roku activity. 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and I'll also have our support team reach out directly. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Burr
Level 7

After using my Roku Streaming Stick Plus about a month, it stopped working and I replaced the batteries.  Now I have to replace the batteries almost every day.  I am returning the unit for replacement but feel this problem may well be in the replacement unit also.  The problem/s I feel are serious enough to warrant further attention.  I have cut the cord and depend on the stick working.  The way it works now will force me to find other options than Roku.

I do not use a headset.  
The Model -- 3810R
Serial # -- YHOOCX252351
Software -- 9.1.0
Build -- 4111-50
Device ID - C1395C252351

FYI, I have 2 Roku Streaming Stick Plus.  They were purchased a few days apart.  One would not get the remote to function and I returned it for replacement after many hours of research and trying different sequences, etc.  The replacement worked fine, loaded with no problem.  But now, I have the short battery life and having to unplug the stick and re-pair.  Hope the replacement works.
The other stick is working OK but doesn't get much use.  It is Model 3810X, Software version 9.1.0, Build 4919-50, Device ID C13963702136, serial # YHOO3G702136.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Burr

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and your Roku device's (that you're having the issue with) serial number from Settings>System>About. I'll have our support team reach out to see what other options we can help provide. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tlbj6142
Level 7

I'm having the same issue, battery last maybe a week...

Remote Firmware: 2.01.19.108
Model: RC127

Device Model: 3800X
Serial Number: YF0082657042
Software Version: 9.1.0 build 4919-55
Device ID: CT38C8657042
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tlbj6142

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and your Roku device's (that you're having the issue with) serial number from Settings>System>About. I'll have our support team reach out to see what other options we can help provide. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bob_CV
Level 7

Okay, nearly 3 months later, I have some additional information.  During a bedroom remodel, we moved into one of the other rooms and used that TV with identical Roku stick and did not experience any battery life issues with that TV/Remove.  A month later we moved back into our room and after those batteies quickly went dead again, I swapped the remotes with the other room.  After two more month (plus the original usage of several months on that remote) the batteries finally went dead.  We also used our original remote in the other room where they quickly continued to die.  So, it appears rather conclusively that, in our particular case, the battery life can be directly related to the controller and not the stick.

What is the recommended path forward.  I remote replacement?

0 Kudos
Avohlman
Level 7

Hello. What is the deal with these Roku remotes?? Batteries are constantly dead.. I have to replace batteries about every week to 2 weeks. This shouldn't be happening.

Thank you
0 Kudos