Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra remote unreasonable battery drain

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team follow up to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nwerle
Level 7

sn  4e652s060333

0 Kudos
Derekd
Level 7

Re: Battery Life on Remote

My roku device keeps on draining batteries. This is crazy

0 Kudos
nwerle
Level 7

Re: 3800 remote eating batteries

i hear nothing back form ROKU

0 Kudos
Pjd813
Level 8

I should not have taken this long to add this update to my comment above. The Roku team reached out to me the very next day and sent a brand new remote to me without asking for the old remote back. The new remote has lasted about 8 months before it gave me a warning onscreen when I woke up the Roku. I didn’t wait to see how long the remote would work before the battery dies, though I did let the warning go for about a week. For a remote device 8 months is still a short time BUT it is definitely usable and it makes me feel much better about the device. The fast response from the Roku folks was also a great experience. So all in all I feel like the Roku was a good purchase and the customer service is great.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@Pjd813 wrote:

I should not have taken this long to add this update to my comment above. The Roku team reached out to me the very next day and sent a brand new remote to me without asking for the old remote back. The new remote has lasted about 8 months before it gave me a warning onscreen when I woke up the Roku. I didn’t wait to see how long the remote would work before the battery dies, though I did let the warning go for about a week. For a remote device 8 months is still a short time BUT it is definitely usable and it makes me feel much better about the device. The fast response from the Roku folks was also a great experience. So all in all I feel like the Roku was a good purchase and the customer service is great.

I wouldn't consider 8 months a short time for the batteries to last, but it does of course depend on how heavily the remote is used. I'd say I get 6-7 months out of most of my remotes at best, regardless of brand. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@nwerle @Derekd 

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with your remote.

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team in touch with you directly to help provide further options to help get this resolved.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nwerle
Level 7

how do we pm ,this seems public

0 Kudos
Pjd813
Level 8

Eight months is definitely usable, but I use this non-backlit remote at most an hour a day without using the headphones and with virtually no channel hopping. Most remotes that I have last much longer, years even, even the ones that are backlit. I think this model is enough of a step up to warrant a charging cradle.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

@nwerle wrote:

how do we pm ,this seems public

PM stands for private message. Click the user name and their profile opens. There's a button there to send them a PM. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos