Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginarvisco
Level 8

Re: Battery Life on Remote

Well thanks for the discussion. It drives me absolutely mad...I think the savings I am getting from cutting the cord is being spent on batteries...
m3m0ryleak
Level 7

"DubTaylor" wrote:
"ginarvisco" wrote:
My Roku remote eats batteries like no other remote I have ever had.  Is there an issue with this? I replace the batteries every two weeks its crazy.  Any help would be appreciated.

It's not just the stick remote. I have an Ultra, never had the headphones plugged in - when two AA Duracells need replacing at least once a month - with the mystery 'Remote Gone Missing Syndrome' (sometimes causing a hard reboot of the device), there's something horribly, horribly wrong, but you'll never get Roku to admit it. Never.

Just buy stock in Duracell.
Prayer seems to help when the remote goes into Girls Gone Wild mode. I don't pray, but my SIL says it works on hers sometimes.

Thanks, that made me laugh
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

If you'd like further help from our Support team to troubleshoot the issue you're running into, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and your Roku device's serial number from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up directly to get you in touch for more assistance. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Mystical_Cat
Level 7

Tanner, I sent you a PM per your post, but for some reason it's stuck in the outbox.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"Mystical Cat" wrote:
Tanner, I sent you a PM per your post, but for some reason it's stuck in the outbox.

Things stay in the Outbox until they're read. He likely hasn't seen it yet. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Mystical_Cat
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
Things stay in the Outbox until they're read. He likely hasn't seen it yet. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Mystical_Cat
Level 7

I'm going to post what I wrote to Tanner in case anyone has suggestions about what I can do about this hungry remote...

I have a Roku Premiere+ and the remote is eating batteries like crazy. Note: I don't use the headphone feature. 

Last night I installed a fresh set at 11:00; this morning at 8:00 I checked the level and it dropped 13% just sitting overnight. Also, using the remote this morning to watch one 30-minute show and collect the data provided below it dropped an additional 3%.

I hope you can help!

Account email: xxx
Model: 4630X - Roku Premiere+
Serial number: YR00CN980885
Software ver: 9.1.0 build 4111-29
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"Mystical Cat" wrote:
I'm going to post what I wrote to Tanner in case anyone has suggestions about what I can do about this hungry remote...

I have a Roku Premiere+ and the remote is eating batteries like crazy. Note: I don't use the headphone feature. 

Last night I installed a fresh set at 11:00; this morning at 8:00 I checked the level and it dropped 13% just sitting overnight. Also, using the remote this morning to watch one 30-minute show and collect the data provided below it dropped an additional 3%.

I hope you can help!

Account email: xxx
Model: 4630X - Roku Premiere+
Serial number: YR00CN980885
Software ver: 9.1.0 build 4111-29

Do the batteries have an expiration date printed on them? Are they alkaline batteries or just "heavy duty" batteries?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
cheesegrits
Level 7

3800 remote eating batteries

The wireless remote for my 3800 stick is eating a pair of AAAs every two days (Duracell and Energizer). It's the one with volume control, but no headphones. I've tried everything I've read in these forums and elsewhere, no luck.

I have an older remote on a previous generation stick that has had the same AAs for a year.

Hoping someone might have some suggestions. This is crazy, I can't carry on buying 6 or 8 AAAs a week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Slam2456
Level 7

The problem with rapid drainage of the batteries in Roku remotes seems to extend WAY beyond the expiration date of the batteries. :roll:  Such explanations are only too obvious, the user has certainly already considered this before going to the trouble of posting about their experience.
0 Kudos