Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic remote to control Roku Express and TV

Jump to solution

I have a few Roku Express players and some basic TVs. No 4K, soundbars or anything like that. I'm looking for a remote to control the Roku and be able to turn on the TV and control the volume. Something like the Roku Voice Remote would fit the bill but it doesn't work with the Express players.

I've seen a few "universal" Roku remotes on Amazon but the reviews say they don't work well. The reviews I've seen for other "basic" universal remotes say the back button doesn't work properly with the Roku.

The Roku remote is kind of awkward to use to begin with, adding the Sideclick looks like it would make it worse.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Basic remote to control Roku Express and TV

Jump to solution

There's the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, you can find open box on ebay about $10, or new at walmart for $24.99

https://www.walmart.com/ip/One-For-All-URC7935-Streamer-Remote/139687346?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSe...

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Basic remote to control Roku Express and TV

Jump to solution

There's the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, you can find open box on ebay about $10, or new at walmart for $24.99

https://www.walmart.com/ip/One-For-All-URC7935-Streamer-Remote/139687346?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSe...

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos