Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Basic Roku remote

Jump to solution

Could someone PLEASE just tell me what the * and the circular arrow do on the remote? . . . And why is this information (a simple diagram of the remote's features) not available anywhere??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Basic Roku remote

Jump to solution

The * button is the Options button.  Many times you'll see Options * in the upper right corner of the screen indicating that if you press the button you'll be presented with various options.  If it appears dimmed instead of bright there are no options available.  You can also press it while a video is playing to get to certain options.

The button with the counter-clockwise circular arrow is the Instant Replay button.  It only has an effect while watching a video.  It's supposed to jump back several seconds instantly, but it's often more frustrating to use than it's worth.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it just locks things up for several seconds, sometimes it does nothing, and sometimes it jumps back way too far.  I've found it's often better to just use the left pointing arrow button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Basic Roku remote

Jump to solution

The * button is the Options button.  Many times you'll see Options * in the upper right corner of the screen indicating that if you press the button you'll be presented with various options.  If it appears dimmed instead of bright there are no options available.  You can also press it while a video is playing to get to certain options.

The button with the counter-clockwise circular arrow is the Instant Replay button.  It only has an effect while watching a video.  It's supposed to jump back several seconds instantly, but it's often more frustrating to use than it's worth.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it just locks things up for several seconds, sometimes it does nothing, and sometimes it jumps back way too far.  I've found it's often better to just use the left pointing arrow button.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos