Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Arrow buttons won't go down; enter doesn't work

Jump to solution

I just got this remote during the summer. I have a Roku 3, I believe and as stated in the subject the OK button does not work neither will the down arrows function. I've done all of the requested trouble shooting to no avail. The only identifying number I can find the remote is SKU:3226000838. Is that the correct unit for my device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Arrow buttons won't go down; enter doesn't work

Jump to solution

@MadMax38 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is a much older device that is no longer under warranty.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a Gaming or Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

The model number is inside the battery compartment.  There aren't any remotes that "sort of" work.  They either work or they don't.  If some buttons don't work it's most likely dirty contacts that would require disassembling the remote to clean.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response. Not sure what you mean or where you got "sort of work" from because I never said that. I can appreciate that contacts for the buttons might be dirty. If that is the case how do you suggest one go about opening the remote to clean the contacts without breaking the unit? How about a replacement unit at no cost?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

I don't work for Roku; I'm just another user.  I may have misunderstood your issue.  Some people seem to think an update caused certain buttons to fail or that their remote is not the correct one because some buttons don't work - that's what I meant by "sort of".

If you just got the remote this past summer then I would think it's still under warranty.  You might want to try:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

As far as taking the remote apart, I've taken several Roku remotes apart and they're always a pain and each is different.  There's usually one screw in the battery compartment and then you need to find the seam and it takes good fingernails to get the two halves apart.  A credit card sometimes makes a good tool to pry it apart without damaging it.

However, if it's only a few months old I wouldn't expect dirty contacts unless something was spilled on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MadMax38 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is a much older device that is no longer under warranty.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a Gaming or Voice Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos