Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fablhof
Level 7

Are any Roku remotes RF

Jump to solution

Evidently, Roku doesn't provide customer service where I could speak with anyone and I can't find the information on their website but would like to know if any of the Roku's provide an RF remote so there doesn't need to be line of sight?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Are any Roku remotes RF

Jump to solution

Not really because a roku can come with an IR remote but still can be paired to wifi remote if bought separately. 

So the roku WITH RF remote include Express Plus 2019, Premiere Plus 3921, Roku Stick plus 3810, Roku Stick plus 3811, Ultra LT, Ultra 4670, and Roku branded Soundbar 9101 R/X

Edmund

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Any of the two Voice remotes use wifi-direct a form of RF. And for older Roku 3 there is also the Gaming remote that is RF too. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I'm guessing you're looking for buying guidance to help you choose a model that is supplied with an RF remote.  

Roku model comparison page: https://www.roku.com/products/compare
Any model listed as having a "Simple remote" is IR only.  All of the Voice remotes connect via wifi-direct RF.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
fablhof
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't find in the product comparison anything about RF remotes. Do I assume that if they are voice capable, then they will be RF?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Not really because a roku can come with an IR remote but still can be paired to wifi remote if bought separately. 

So the roku WITH RF remote include Express Plus 2019, Premiere Plus 3921, Roku Stick plus 3810, Roku Stick plus 3811, Ultra LT, Ultra 4670, and Roku branded Soundbar 9101 R/X

Edmund

View solution in original post