Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Any remote that you can change channels on using the keypad instead of up and down?

"dgrace" wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but my Harmony remote allows channel number inputs. Create activity Watch TV and it should emulate the remote from the Spectrum box.

Are you assuming the OP has a Spectrum cable box attached? The way I read it, he has the Spectrum Roku channel, not a Spectrum cable box.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
CParker
Level 9

Re: Any remote that you can change channels on using the keypad instead of up and down?

How you navigate within the app is not Roku's responsibility. That functionality has to be built into the app by Spectrum (good luck with that).
And.... I could swear I was a virtual keyboard.... but that might have been on the samsung tv running the spectrum tv app and not the Roku. Don't remember....
Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos
ronfelder
Level 8

"andyross" wrote:
On the "beta" Comcast app, I think hitting * or similar will call up a number keyboard where you can type in channel numbers by selecting them. Clunky, but Roku does not have remote codes for numbers.

NO. Hitting the * key allows oen to do a search for the channel. If you use the Roku app for the phone you have access to a keyboard allowing you to type in a word for a search.. But I don't know if you can enter a channel number and go to a channel with the Xfinity app. 
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos
ronfelder
Level 8

"andyross" wrote:
"LSC9901" wrote:
You can set up "Favorite Channels" which lessens the number of channels you must scroll through. Still a pain.

When you say the beta comcast app are you referring to the one you can download on your phone ? If so i don't find that any faster than going back to all channels or favorite channels

Comcast has a Roku app that emulates their X1 cable box interface (but it's slow.) It's currently free, but when it was released, comments seemed to imply that they would treat it like an extra cable box, with a monthly fee. It is listed as "Xfinity Stream Beta".
https://channelstore.roku.com/details/123132/xfinity-stream-beta

I was just at an Xfinity store returnting extra boxes for my girlfriend for she went to the Rou app. Anyway I mentioned to the clerk wha tyou just stated. Her reply was she knew nothing about them charging for the app. I too did read an article stating the same. If they do then ther'e sno reason to get the app. As it stands now they're losing quote a bit of money this way. She wqas paying $10 per box. Now she can put it on as many tvs'as she has roku boxes. You could even share it with family members. The only catch to that is the family member has to have Xfinity internet. It won't work on another isp. They use their own intranet to connect the Roku to their servers. I know this by trying it for I have Fiso. The app installs and you can register the app but it doesn't connect..
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos

I have the roku tv also. My remote must be used for volume control and my cable remote takes care of channel changes. It is a pain in the ass. I would not have bought the tv if I had known this smart tv came with a stupid remote. Never again!
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Nothing you can do to get the roku remote changing channels, but I'm sure you can get cable remote to control the volume of tv. Roku TV's use a very old code set, so try goldstar/lg codes or dynex/emerson codes.

0 Kudos
billhere
Level 7

My Frontier FiOS TV remote turns on my TCL Roku TV and Frontier DVR with one button. I can use that remote to tune in any of my FiOS channels by channel number. I seldom use OTA with my Roku remote but I have a few favorite channels that show up by pressing the left arrow key -- easy enough for watching TV. The Roku remote works just fine for streaming channels.

0 Kudos
nilob1
Level 7

Not sure about Spectrum stream but xfinity stream when on channel guide click the options button (*) on remote and change to HD only....all the other channels will disappear and will be easier to go through and use favorite too,  

0 Kudos