Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CathiTwill
Level 7

An electrical transformer exploded in my neighborhood yesterday and my Streaming Stick 3600x died...

and a little later there was a 1-minute power outage. When the power came back and my cable system rebooted, my Roku Streaming Stick 3600x didn't work. I looked for how it connected with my tv and only found a jack thing that plugged into the back of the tv. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, nothing. I also changed batteries in the remote but that didn't help. What should I do?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: An electrical transformer exploded in my neighborhood yesterday and my Streaming Stick 3600x die

If it were surge no telling what was fired, could be one thing or few. Try a  different hdmi input? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

Re: An electrical transformer exploded in my neighborhood yesterday and my Streaming Stick 3600x die

Side note: The 'transformer exploded' sound is usually not actually a transformer exploding. It's a high-current/high-voltage circuit breaker opening. There can be a large arc (lightning bolt) between the contacts as it opens. Many have a timer on them that will attempt to reconnect after a short time to avoid nuisance outages like a tree just brushing a line.

0 Kudos
CathiTwill
Level 7

Thanks Andy. I appreciate the clarification.  Still haven't figured out what's happened to my Roku though. The main thing is, if I buy a new one will it work? Or is there damage somewhere in my television.  Alas...I may be an expert handweaver but these kind of problems are still baffling to me.

0 Kudos
CathiTwill
Level 7

I tried that this morning Edmund, but nothing improved. Would you say it's the roku's problem and not the tv? 

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

If trying to use a different port on the TV doesn't work, do you have another TV to try it on? It's also possible the power supply for the stick was damaged.

0 Kudos
CathiTwill
Level 7

No, I only have the one tv.  I'm thinking if it doesn't work in two hdmi ports, it's prob the stick and I'll order a new one today.  As a cable-cutter in lockdown, this is getting serious.  :-)

0 Kudos
CathiTwill
Level 7

Oh about the power supply.  I'm not sure if I can access it. My units for holding the tv and other things is very heavy and I don't know if I can get behind it.  Will try to get someone to help me with this.  I guess if a new roku doesn't work.  Thanks!

0 Kudos