Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_gunslinger
Level 7

All of a sudden no LG support for remote? Used to work

Have a Roku Ultra, probably 2018.  Enhanced R136 remote I believe.  Has been able to control power and volume on LG for a long time.  All of a sudden it quits working.  Go thru Sound > Control TV setup, thru all 50 channel detections, and it says this LG must not be supported?  

Do the remotes just up and die like that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Re: All of a sudden no LG support for remote? Used to work

Try telling it you have a Goldstar or Vizio brand. And make sure just during programming remote can see the roku as well as the front of tv, if the roku is behind the tv, that can be reason its not actually getting the codes. The codes come from roku itself and is sent to remote which in turns sends a command to the tv.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a_gunslinger  Which specific model of LG TV do you own? 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
a_gunslinger
Level 7

My system doesnt ask for brand, it just starts the detection process, so not sure I can specify brand of TV.  I do actually have it a little behind the TV, but all other signals and buttons connect to it (for example the Yes/No buttons asking if I still hear the sound during detection).  But I will try again with Roku pulled out a little.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reply with your specific model of LG TV so we can pass this along to our team to take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
a_gunslinger
Level 7

LG Model 

LG 43UK6300 2160P SMART 4K UL

0 Kudos