Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techonrye

All buttons on remote except home fail to respond after hitting mic button

Primarily with noticed with the Youtube app, if you accidently (or otherwise) press the mic button on the remote.  No other functions will respond except hitting the home button.  Can't pause or other functions.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: All buttons on remote except home fail to respond after hitting mic button

Verify your remote's model # and firmware version: 

Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote name> (In use)/About

Try:

1)  Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restart your Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

0 Kudos
ktjhw
Channel Surfer

Re: All buttons on remote except home fail to respond after hitting mic button

I have same problem.  Roku has updated numerous times.  I have restarted numerous times.  Because the mic button is positioned right above the play/pause button it is easy to accidentally hit.  And when I do there is no way out of the mode except HOME and start all over.  I hate the microphone shout recognition.  I call it shout recognition because it always ends up that I am shouting at it. I work in a place where we have two thousand software programmers and a lot of them are working on the voice recognition software.  And that whole area of the room is often filled with shouts.  Even the guys who are creating voice recognition hate it and end up shouting at it.  

It looks like the only thing I can do is crack open the remote and put some tape over the button contacts so it won't work.  It's worse than the shortcut buttons at the bottom of the remote that go to Netflix/Hulu/etc.  Sure.  That's all I need is to be several menus deep into an app and then accidentally brush the NetFlix button and it's gone out of that app and opening Netflix.  Sometimes it takes 10 or 15 minutes to get back to where I was.  A back up function would be nice.

0 Kudos