Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tannim
Level 8

After long idle, Home Button stops working until Roku Express 4k+ is reset

Before continuing to the problem I will say that I have my Roku set in guest mode so it doesn't sync with the other one in the house.  I have not used it in non-guest mode for some time.

On to the problem.

After a couple days of not using the roku, the Home button on the remote does nothing but make the  blue light flicker.  Pressing it repeatedly or holding it continues to make the blue light flicker while nothing happens.  The rest of the remote appears to work normally.

I can only get the home button to work again by resetting the device or unplugging it and then plugging it back in, which is basically the same thing.

I am not sure when this problem started.  It has happened for over a week is the best I can say.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: After long idle, Home Button stops working until Roku Express 4k+ is reset

@tannim

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tannim
Level 8

Re: After long idle, Home Button stops working until Roku Express 4k+ is reset

@RokuDanny-R 

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

SN:X01600GDN4A5

Device ID: S07P515DN4A5

OS Version: 10.0.1 build 4180-CR

To reproduce: wait 2 to 3 days, maybe 4, without using the device in guest mode, then use the device.  The home button stops doing anything for me after that time.  I do not know if this works outside of guest mode, I just leave it in guest mode all the time.

0 Kudos